What is rosacea?
Rosacea is a common skin condition that causes blushing or flushing and visible blood vessels in your face.
Managing rosacea in the summer can be challenging due to factors like increased sun exposure, heat, and humidity, which can trigger flare-ups. However, with proper care and a few adjustments to your skincare routine and lifestyle, you can help keep your rosacea under control during the summer months. Here are some tips:
- Sun protection: Protecting your skin from the sun is crucial for managing rosacea. Wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 30 daily.
Yellowrose provides sunscreens SPF 30 and SPF 50+ with hyaluronic acid which help reduce rosacea and protect the skin from the sun.
- Gentle skincare routine: Stick to a gentle skincare routine to avoid irritating your skin. Use mild, non-irritating cleansers to wash your face. Avoid harsh exfoliants, scrubs, and products with alcohol, fragrances, or other potential irritants. Pat your skin to dry it instead of rubbing it with a towel.
Yellowrose provides a milk cleanser with banana extract to nourish, hydrate the skin and reduce rosacea.
- Moisturize: Keep your skin hydrated by using a gentle, non-comedogenic moisturizer. Look for products specifically formulated for sensitive or rosacea-prone skin. Apply moisturizer twice a day to maintain a healthy skin barrier.
Yellowrose provides hyaluronic cream and serum with 3 different molecular weight to hydrate all skin layers and reduce rosacea.
- Manage heat and humidity: Heat and humidity can trigger rosacea flare-ups. Stay cool by using fans, air conditioning, or avoiding excessive heat exposure. Use cool compresses or mists to soothe your skin during hot days.
Yellowrose provides azulene toner to use whenever your rosacea is triggered, containing the essential oil of chamomile and allantoin to sooth the skin and reduce rosacea.
- Avoid triggers: Identify and avoid triggers that worsen your rosacea symptoms. These triggers can vary from person to person but may include spicy foods, hot beverages, and certain skincare products.
- Calm the skin: If you experience a flare-up, try applying a cold compress or using products with anti-inflammatory ingredients like aloe vera or green tea extract. Avoid rubbing or scratching your face, as it can worsen redness and irritation.
Yellowrose provides aloe vera gel with 86% organic active aloe vera acting as an anti-inflammatory and calming your skin to reduce rosacea.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and maintain healthy skin. Avoid excessive consumption of hot beverages, as they can trigger flushing and exacerbate rosacea symptoms.
- Consult a dermatologist: If your rosacea symptoms worsen or become difficult to manage, consult a dermatologist for professional advice and treatment options tailored to your specific needs.
Everyone’s rosacea is different, so it's important to find what works best for you. These tips can serve as a starting point, but personalized advice from a healthcare professional will help you develop a comprehensive plan to manage your rosacea during the summer.